Thursday, April 19, 2012

YUMMY Baked Doughnuts

   I spend about an hour a day on Pinterest (I have no life) and I have a TON of to-do recipes and crafts. Most of them sit on my boards and are never to be seen again. However, since starting this blog and still having no followers or comments (can ya'll see me or what?!) I decided to start doing my to-do's in hopes of attracting at least one person. Make me happy and love me and my random craftiness/blogginess? I don't take rejection well! Back to the original subject... DOUGHNUTS. YUM.
I found the recipe here at Whisk Together by Mary Ellen. The recipe and directions were very easy to follow, which was great because I'm a bread newbie. I've recently been baking my own bread and our house is so cold my yeast sometimes fails me. Luckily it worked out for me :)


Here's our doughnuts fresh out of the oven and naked!



And here they are frosted, glazed and powdered.


If there's one thing I can say about this recipe, it's that they were DELICIOUS. 
I've never had homemade doughnuts that weren't fried, but these were even better
than store bought. They weren't sickly sweet like some can be, and they were
as soft as a cloud. We ate them all. And I have no regrets :)




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment