Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Traveling Around

    Because of my husband's crazy work hours, we haven't got to travel a whole lot. We could easily hop on an ICE train and be in a different country within a couple hours. France, Belgium, Switzerland, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Poland, ALL surround Germany. Since we don't have any little ones yet, now would be the prime time to go, but my husband's working 12's and there's always some issue going on during a long weekend. Actually, every long holiday weekend we've had there's been at least one military involved DUI/ARI and in Germany they don't take it lightly. The last time we went to visit my Uncle in Heidelberg, my hubby got a phone call saying there was a ARI and he had to come into his shop (like an in-person recall to make sure everyone is accounted for). So we had to leave my Uncle's house immediately and get to his shop (about an hour drive, I was PISSED). I wouldn't want to be on my way to the train station and have this happen again, and we can't take leave right now either because they're undermanned. So basically it sucks. LUCKILY my Uncle has been helping us venture out. He took us out to explore Heidelberg and drove us to Bavaria and through Austria. It was breathtaking, I've never seen mountains like the Alps or the charming hotel we stayed at. 


The Madonna.



View from Heidelberg Castle, overlooking the town.


Part of the Castle wall. Notice the details on each statue. 


One of the gates guarding the castle. Each spike was about 5 x 5 inches!


View of Heidelberg Castle from the middle of the town.


Ettal Abbey where nuns trained and lived. 


Beautiful view in Bavaria.


In Bavaria about to enter the Neuschwanstein Castle.


My Uncle and I, standing beside one of the wine barrels in the Heidelberg Castle.


My Uncle, hubby and cousin Abbey standing in the courtyard of Ludwig II's castle.


Downtown Heidelberg near the bridge.


The view from our Hotel in Bavaria. This place was great!


Hubby standing near Zeus in Heidelberg courtyard.


Traveling around Kaiserslautern, we noticed an "Erotic Megastore" next to a childrens store. Haha.


The view inside the Ettal Abbey.


Inside the Ettal Abbey.


Another view inside the Ettal Abbey. It was so beautiful!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment