Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I've been M.I.A...

   I haven't been writing any new posts lately, I really don't know how some people blog everyday. Anyway, I have a few legit excuses. Firstly, our internet died. Internet in Germany (at least in our little hidden valley countryside of Germany) is about as reliable as a screen door on a submarine. And people in Germany really respect their hours of work, holidays and take their sweet time doing every job so what could've taken a week has taken almost 3. 
   Secondly, we found out our water drain in the house is corroded and leaking. I was in the garage and noticed water dripping onto the floor and of course our landlords were on vacation. Then the busted drain caused a wet spot in the wall which is molded and bubbled. Agh. For some reason, Germans build all of their homes out of a cinder block foundation. Cinder blocks are very porous which absorb moisture which absorbs directly into the drywall causing mold. So it doesn't make any sense to use them, but they do.
   Thirdly, we were gifted a 95' BMW from a random stranger we met while at the auto hobby shop putting our new tires on the truck. What a nice gift eh?! It has a radiator leak, needs a new battery and a fluid flush but what a sweet deal! We've been spending all our free time on the weekends getting it registered and fixed up. 
   I have been busting my butt getting our yard work done while my hubby's at work. I have never seen more raspberry bushes and thorns out of control. I cut at least 20 thorn stems/roots that were about 2 inches in diameter, it was insane. Plus we have a large amount of ivy growing everywhere, I literally trip over the roots when I'm on the side of the house. It's definitely a work in progress. 
   So that's what I've been up to lately. Hopefully I'll have more for you all soon.


Beth Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment