Monday, May 7, 2012

An All-Natural Ant Killer? Say whaaat?!

   Yeah I know, sounds too good to be true right? No... I called up my grandma (Grandmas know everything!) and asked her if there was a way to kill the ants on our patio, she said Borax and something sweet. I already use Borax religiously to get rid of grime on our drill, I use it in my homemade laundry soap and to clean our toilet. But to kill ants? At first she recommended boric acid, but I haven't the slightest clue where I'd find any over here. (Germans live VERY clean and don't like to use chemicals. I can't even use roundup on weeds.) 
   
   So I sped off to the kitchen to brew something up. I used REAL maple syrup (lots of sugar and very sweet) and the Borax. I used equal measurements (1 Tbsp. each) and mixed it together well. Then I used an old large size yogurt lid to keep it all in. 



   I haven't seen as many ants since I've set it out, and my dogs stay away from it. Maybe they don't like the smell of the Borax? Any way, it works! Sweet Grandma also told me to sprinkle some used coffee grounds around and it'll keep them away. Do you have any natural remedies for pesky ants?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment